[Sca-cooks] Re: Very carefully not panicking...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Sat Sep 21 14:59:13 PDT 2002

> >>And most important, Cooks do NOT do scullery!
> >
> >I've got to agree with Muiredach here.
>Good lord, of course I was talking about a perfect world.

Sounded more like a Statement of Truth than anything else...

>who is wondering how a comment about cooks not doing dishes turned into a
>treatise on how the head cook should treat his/her helpers?

Well, I can't tell for Master Adamantius, but I can say that my comments
flowed from reading the statement that Cooks do NOT do scullery.  Over the
years I've bumped into many, many folks who were very clear about "I'm not
gonna do dishes", or "I'm too good to peel the potatoes".  So when I read
the statement, I got instant red flags going, and thought it important to
remind people that it's important to be ready and willing to do all
tasks.  Too many times the Cook, or head honcho is on some sort of power
happy trip, and forgets that you just can't do it all on your own.  You
have to treat your folks right.

Note that this is not a judgement on how you run a feast, I don't know you,
nor have I worked with you.  Just my reaction to a statement.

Master A, anything else? :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies