[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Persian Cookbook - OOP, Possibly OT

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Sep 21 19:05:50 PDT 2002

Also sprach Lee & Susan:
>--
>Greetings to All!
>I just had one of the most exquisite meals of my life!  I just found
>a restaurant here (Austin, TX) called Alborz, which serves Persian
>cuisine; and I am positively entranced.  If food can be an orgasmic
>experience, this was it!  Anyway, I am now searching for a Persian
>cookbook, can anyone give me any suggestions?  I'm not looking
>specifically for in-period, that will probably come later.
>
>Any help anyone can give me would be really appreciated!
>teshekkur ederim, shukran.....
>Susan

I like "The New Food of Life: Ancient Persian and Modern Iranian
Cooking and Ceremonies". See

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0934211345/qid=1032660125/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-3813334-0926329?v=glance&s=books

for details. You can probably find it much cheaper than at Amazon,
but it was a quick reference to the exact title and such.

What's not to like about lemon and garlic?

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER