[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Persian Cookbook - OOP, Possibly OT

Butterflye butterflye at runbox.com
Sat Sep 21 19:15:01 PDT 2002

In a Persian Kitchen
by Maideh Mazda
 and
New Food of Life: Ancient Persian and Modern Iranian Cooking and Ceremonies
by Najmieh Khalili Batmanglij

 are good choices. The second is HUGE and has tons of recipes.

The seasonings are key, and they are truly the most wonderful of cuisines. I
had a boyfriend back in my college days who was from Iran (Persia), and he
had been a sous-chef in a four-star restaurant in Teheran. His cooking was
beyond belief, and I learned many exquisite sauces from him.

Good luck! Oh, and thank you in Farsi is, just like French, Merçi.

YIS  ~~Lorète

Any help anyone can give me would be really appreciated!
teshekkur ederim, shukran.....
Susan