[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Persian Cookbook - OOP, Possibly OT

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 21 19:14:05 PDT 2002

Period cooking from the region may not match the modern cuisine, but
Medieval Arab Cookery by Rodinson and Perry might work.  It contains
Arberry's translation of the Kitab al Tabikh (more commonly referred to a
al-Bahgdadi or a Baghdad Cookery Book).

You might also try The Art of Persian Cooking which is in print or George
Mardikian's Dinner at Omar Kayyam's which is not.

Bear

I just had one of the most exquisite meals of my life!  I just found a
restaurant here (Austin, TX) called Alborz, which serves Persian cuisine;
and I am positively entranced.  If food can be an orgasmic experience, this
was it!  Anyway, I am now searching for a Persian cookbook, can anyone give
me any suggestions?  I'm not looking specifically for in-period, that will
probably come later.

Any help anyone can give me would be really appreciated!
teshekkur ederim, shukran.....
Susan