[Sca-cooks] turnip question unto the group

Marilyn Hillvic hillvicus at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 22 06:24:13 PDT 2002

Good morning, gentle cooks.
My heartfelt thanks to everyone who is helping me. To
answer several questions and suggestions:
1) Yes, they are turnips. Small with with flesh and
purple stems in a plastic bag marked "Turnips",
thereby guaranteeing their genetic alteration.
2) I par-boiled them but not with a touch of sugar.
I'll try this, although the turnips did not seem
bitter. And BTW, I boiled, peeled, sliced, and
assembled the layers the night before and baked it the
next day.
3) I'll try changing the cheese.
4) I'll try a batch with white pepper and mace and
another with the cinnamon/ginger mix.
5) I'll read the turnip section--thanks for the
reference!

> You might check this file in the VEGETABLE section
> of the Florilegium:
> turnips-msg       (45K) 10/12/01    Turnips in
> period. Recipes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/turnips-msg.html

Again, thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement.
I'll post results of these experiments.
           --Marion