Recipe? (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pork fat)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Sep 22 07:48:03 PDT 2002

"Bacon ends," in the store where I get them, come in a 3-lb. package,
and are, you're right, found in the same cold case as the other bacon.
At least in this store--I don't know that I've seen them for sale in all
the stores in town.  Maybe it's just cuz we have a meat-packing plant
here?
Basically, it's a package made up of the bacon bits and pieces (some
small, some large, or irregularly shaped, or whatever) that aren't all
nice and sliced and the same size, and fit to go into the little
identical packages.  Please note (I shoulda mentioned this before) that
I am talking about *American*, fatty bacon, and not the lovely rashers
you can find in Canada and the UK....
They're a wonderful, cheap alternative to buying more expensive bacon,
if all you're gonna do is cut it up into sausages, or cook and crumble
for bacon bits.
Does that help?
--Maire