[Sca-cooks] Was Porkfat now Bacon question

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sun Sep 22 10:49:47 PDT 2002

<snip Maire's post>

 Please note (I shoulda mentioned this before) that
I am talking about *American*, fatty bacon, and not the lovely rashers
you can find in Canada and the UK....

	Question:  What do the Canadian's, and English for that matter, do with the
part of the pig that American's make our style bacon out of?  The pigs we
grow are pretty much the same breeds so I'm assuming that they have the
fatty/streaky part too.  So what do they do with it since they don't make
American style bacon with it?

Regina Romsey
p.s. I used to supply my English neighbor with American bacon when we were
in Germany.  That for him and his wife, and Froot Loops for his kids.