[Sca-cooks] Scullery duty

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Sun Sep 22 13:53:58 PDT 2002

In a message dated 09/21/2002 9:47:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
muiredach at bmee.net writes:

> Regarding feastocrat vs head cook...  I think they are the same. I prefer
> head cook.  Just like I don't call a car a wheeled dragon or some such.  I
> somehow doubt that in period the person in charge of the feast would have
> been called a feastocrat.  But that's just me.

No it's not. I'm with you on that one. I like cook because it is informal and
because it's what I do...  I also play with food, but there isn't a really
practical way to say "the person who plays with the food" in an event
announcement.

My understanding from those who have 'attempted to set me straight' on what a
feastocrat/feastcrat is, is that "just being called the cook or head cook is
demeaning".  ::blinks::  Yeah...right....   They proceeded on to explain that
a feastcrat also plans the meal.

Ilaria