[Sca-cooks] Kitchen wear, was Very carefully not panicking...

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 22 20:15:16 PDT 2002

I wrote:
>>I cook in my garb, but it's simple - cotton and linen Mamluk style
>>tunics (not fitted anywhere), above the ankle hems, undertunic has
>>fitted sleeves and most of the outer ones have tapered sleeves.

And Muiredach answered with:
>You want BELOW the ankle.  Otherwise it's not quite as safe.

Well, i usually wear cotton knit leggings (that come to my ankle) and
cotton socks under my linen sirwal (Near Eastern pants). My sirwal
are quite narrow at the bottom, but they have extra long legs, so
they pool over the instep. Do you think this enough protection?

Anahita
Recently back from Mists Coronet and we have a Princess Regnant in
the Principality of the Mists! Cool!
(not the first time, but rare enough to be worth noting)