[Sca-cooks] Kitchen wear, was Very carefully not panicking...

Gretchen R Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Sep 21 11:50:32 PDT 2002

I've had very good luck with Japanese bath-house slippers.  I also know
people who swear by those rubber mats that you can get for about $10 at the
Bed, Bath, and Beyond type stores.

Definately all cotton clothing, sleeves that you can roll up and have stay
up.  I recommend a bodice, as this helps restrain your clothing, and gives
you something to tuck the sleeves into. A bandana or other kind of head
wrap is good too, since that completely eliminates the need to mess with
your hair.  I tend to tuck a dishtowel into my belt, instead of using an
apron -- it's easier to change, and I get messy cooking no mattter what I
do.

toodles, margaret