[Sca-cooks] Kitchen wear, was Very carefully not panicking...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Fri Sep 20 20:36:44 PDT 2002

>The leather "London", "Paris", and "Boston" aren't real cheap
>(~$150), but save on chiropractor bills, and are available with
>non-skid soles. The only feature they might add, but apparently have
>not, is a steel toe.

IMHO, steel toes in shoes are highly over rated.  I'd not wear them if I
had a choice.  I don't trust them, at all.

A chef of mine had them, and dropped a block of ice on his foot.  The 150#
block crushed the steel toe in a way that the toes got cut.  As in, chop
chop, no more toes...  Thanks, but no thanks...  <shrug>

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies