[Sca-cooks] Pork Cuts--and beef too

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Sep 23 10:37:38 PDT 2002

The reason I suggested those two books is that each was an award winning
well reviewed recent book that ought to be in a local public collection
or available through interlibrary loan. You wouldn't necessarily have to
buy it. Used copies are available, however. Also the information is up
to date. Part of the problem with older texts is that carcasses in 2002
may not be cut exactly or named exactly as they were in 1930's. Cuts of
meat come into or go out of fashion. Consider the case of flank steak
for instance. If you are getting it custom cut, the butcher is still
your best source.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway