Parmesan cheese (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Armored Turnips)

Ron Carnegie r.carnegie at verizon.net
Mon Sep 23 11:35:37 PDT 2002

At 01:52 PM 9/23/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Jadwiga skrev:
>
>> Around here we call it 'shaker cheese'.
>
>Please! The Shakers were Plain People, but they always set a good table.
>They would never have allowed that stuff to darken their kitchen.....
>
>Phlip

    I suspect that by shaker they are meaning the method of delivery, rather
than any slight on the shakers!  We do have salt shakers post period  don't
we?  I don't think shakers are offended by them.

Ranald,
Ron Carnegie
r.carnegie at verizon.net
	"The poetry of history lies in the quasi-miraculous fact that
	 once on this earth, on this familiar spot of ground walked
	 other men and women as actual as we are today, thinking
	 their own thoughts, swayed by their own passions but now
	 all gone, vanishing after another, gone as utterly as we
	 ourselves shall be gone like ghosts at cockcrow."
				G.M. Trevelyan