[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef Shortbread

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Sep 23 13:19:48 PDT 2002

Normally, I go frantic trying to find my printed out off the internet basic
recipe [epicurious] and never manage to find it so i have to go online,
print it out yet again and modify from there ;-)as most of my cookbooks are
in a box out in the barn.

margali
as for the rest, well - grind almonds finely, sub for no more than about 1/3
of the flour, taste and add a tiny bit of good almond extract if the almond
is not pronounced enough. Make into balls, flatten with the bottom of a
glass, poke with the thumb to make an imprint and fill with a dollop of
jelly [red bean paste] and if i use the red bean paaste, I will probably
bracket a small piece of candied ginger with a couple of slivered almonds.
Bake and try not to eat!

the quote starts here:
On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 01:39 PM, Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:

> But really, it's hard to beat a decent plain shortbread.  I find too
> many
> people tend to make it overly sweet...  But that's just me :-)

Care to share a recipe? (or have you already done so, and should I just
go dig through the archives?)

- Doc