[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef Shortbread

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Sep 23 11:34:17 PDT 2002

I like my shortbread a bit less sweet as well.

I just don't handle carbs well at all. Many people can't. I still eat lots
of veggies - just not root veggies, grains, legumes and fruits. Our favorite
household veggies tend to be spinach, broccoli and cauliflower. I tend to do
salads for lunch as I can stop at the grocery across the mall from my office
and pick up a bag of romaine hearts fairly cheaply and dip them in rice
vinegar as 'finger food'.

Both types of shortbread sound good, although a checkerboard of chocolate
and orange might be nice ;-)
margali
although my last big shortbread attack was several hundred molded shell
shaped shortbreads, rose flavored that found their way to several events.
LAst fall about this time, as a matter of fact ;-)

the quote starts here:
My variations on plain shortbread are to do a checkerboard style with cocoa
powder in it.  Or do to orange and rosemary ones.

But really, it's hard to beat a decent plain shortbread.  I find too many
people tend to make it overly sweet...  But that's just me :-)