[Sca-cooks] pot-lucks?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Sep 23 21:37:06 PDT 2002

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa commented:
> *sigh* one of my biggest gripes is being asked to bring pot-luck to a site
> where they can't tell me if I'll be able to use the kitchen stove to heat
> something up or whether there are electrical outlets that I can plug a
> crock-pot into. *grr* I'm sorry, I live an hour and a half away from the
> next local group, I'm not going to slip out of the event and run home to
> whip something up!

Sigh. Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on this.

Several previous times I've simply defaulted to making wafers or

wafers and "snow", since they don't need warming up, although the
"snow" needs to be kept cold. I've also been trying to introduce
Ansteorra to wafers, however. Which are not very common here.

But my wife didn't even want to eat the last pot luck lunch and went to

a nearby fast-food place since she was afraid everyone would bring
a cold dessert. Though there were some cold meats and some bread
and a few fruits and vegetables, many people did bring desserts.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net