[Sca-cooks] Scullery duty

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 24 12:09:28 PDT 2002

> > >Well, my canton did a feast by committee once, in terms of planning,
>but
>we
> > >still had one person in charge of actually **organizing** the feast.
>The
> > >committee had 6 people on it, I think...
> > >
> > >Generys
> >
> > What do you mean?  I don't understand.  How is it usually done that this
>is
> > different?  Please explain.
> > Olwen the confused
> >

>Ok, in general in this barony, they pick *a* head cook, who does the
>research, tests the recipes, and organizes a staff for the event.  Well, my
>canton was doing an event and couldn't decide who should be head cook, as a
>few people wanted to.  So... we became the feast planning committee, and
>chose a menu as a group (which everyone *swore*, given how strong willed
>some of the people on said committee, would never, ever work.)  It did, and
>the feast came off fairly decently...
>
>Generys

It seems that if there are several cooks in the area that a guild would be
the next logical step.  Perhaps though, there are too many egos that feel
they would not be shining bright enough?

Here we have a guild.  It does not mean that we get the bid for every local
event though.  There are some folks who work independently and will
sometimes get the nod for an event.  Those folks, if they choose to ask the
Steward, have access to all the Baronial cook and serving ware.  Sometimes
they ask, sometimes they don't.
Olwen