[Sca-cooks] weight of orange peel

r.carnegie at verizon.net r.carnegie at verizon.net
Tue Sep 24 12:11:45 PDT 2002

> I did this one orange on the quick.  Usually I will do 1 to 2 dozen oranges
> at a time.  Same with lemons, limes or grapefruit peel.  Never do them
> together.

   Interesting.  I have never done grapefruit (period problem) but I have done the others, and done them together.  I will have to try doing them individually to see the difference.  Never used a dehydrator either, I just put them on a seive.  The addition of ginger sounds interesting.  One of the period receipts I found calls for cinnamon which might well be interesting as well.

   I usually candy peels for use in other receipts (such as the cakes originally mentioned, but I have always done several at a time.

Ranald de Balinhard,

R.Carnegie at verizon.net
"Argue for your limitations, and they are yours."
             R. Bach