[Sca-cooks] weight of orange peel

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 24 12:46:25 PDT 2002

> > I did this one orange on the quick.  Usually I will do 1 to 2 dozen
>oranges
> > at a time.  Same with lemons, limes or grapefruit peel.  Never do them
> > together.
>
>    Interesting.  I have never done grapefruit (period problem) but I have
>done the others, and done them together.  I will have to try doing them
>individually to see the difference.  Never used a dehydrator either, I just
>put them on a seive.  The addition of ginger sounds interesting.  One of
>the period receipts I found calls for cinnamon which might well be
>interesting as well.

When I began doing peel I used to do them together.  When you try seperating
them you will find truer colour and much more flavor of the particular
fruit.  It is more time consuming doing them individually, but the quality
makes up for it!  I often use the syrup to make candy after the fruit peel
is removed.
Let me know how you like your results.
Olwen