[Sca-cooks] In Search of (without Leonard Nimoy) a cookbook

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 17:24:38 PDT 2002

--- Nancy Kiel <nancy_kiel at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a better copy of a cookbook,
> listed in the English Short
> Title Catalogue as This is the boke of cokery.
> R. Pynson, 1500. Marquis of
> Bath.    I have photocopied a poor microfilm of
> it (apparently it didn't
> film well) and much of it is illegible.  Help!
>

> Anne Sintmaartensdijk

Here is how it should have been catalogued, as it
has several alternative titles:

245 10  This is the boke of cokery. [microform]
246 2   Here begynneth a noble boke of festes
      ryalle and cokery.
246 2   Boke of cokery.
246 2   Noble boke of festes ryalle and cokery.
260     [[London] :bEmprynted without temple
barre by Rycharde Pynson,cin the yere of our
lorde. M.D. [1500]]

300     [124] p.
500     Considerable print show-through,
affecting the readability of text.
500     Reproduction of the original in Longleat,
Warminster, Wilts.  (Marquess of Bath)
500     Available on microfiln and on the World
Wide Web.

Only two libraries on RLIN have records for this
book, Rutgers Univ. in New Jersey and
Northwestern Univ. in Illinois.

Usually I don't list all of the cataloging here,
but you need to understand that R. Pynson is the
publisher, not the author, and that the Marquess
of Bath is the owner of the original.  I also
have a feeling that all versions of this will be
poor from the first 500 field note.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.