[Sca-cooks] Cooking Cats

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Sep 25 04:32:03 PDT 2002

Also sprach Isabella di Giovanni:

>Actually, the Chinese believe that the adrenaline released during
>the animals terror makes the meat sweeter and better. I particularly
>have something to say about people who feel this way and do it to
>animals just to eat them...but I will be nice on this list.
>I agree with you. I won't try it.

China is large. I think this might be something of a generalization,
as this is something I've never encountered myself, in pretty close
contact with a large number of (admittedly immigrant) Chinese people.

OTOH, I understand that once upon a time, it was illegal in some
European countries, including England, to sell the meat of bulls (the
concept of the American-style beef steer being a rather recent
development, it seems) if the animal had not been baited before
slaughter.

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER