[Sca-cooks] Re: Period Produce

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at admin.is.cornell.edu
Wed Sep 25 08:12:30 PDT 2002

>The Japanese shrub also will not produce fruit for many years and then
>very unreliably.  Unless you want a lot of decorative hedging, don't bother
>planting them for fruit.
>
>Akim

      Decorative hedging with a lot of *very* nasty long thorns!  I can vouch for the unreliability of the fruit crop; I think I got four this year.  Part of that may be due to growth of nearby plants shading the quince more than in past years.  I've cut some of them back, so we'll see if it makes any difference next year.

Sandra