[Sca-cooks] Re: Period Produce

Diamond Randall ringofkings at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 25 07:38:17 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

>There may be a taste difference, but I wasn't being
>scientific enough to discover it.  I would be interested in purchasing
>quinces from Ms. Malone, so please contact me with price info.  Thanks!

No matter which variety you plant, it takes 8-10 years for a quince to
reliably
produce a marketable quantity of fruit, so (unless Ms Malone planted them some
years ago) you are going to have a long wait and pricing now will not be very
useful.  The Japanese shrub also will not produce fruit for many years and
then
very unreliably.  Unless you want a lot of decorative hedging, don't bother
planting
them for fruit.

Akim

Anne Sintmaartensdijk