[Sca-cooks] Anchovy Exchange, was Cookie Exchange

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 10:59:19 PDT 2002

>Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
>>Anchovies? eeeuuuuuwwwww! In fish sauce, okay, but on pizza? blech....
>>Now, mine would have tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, garlic, green
>>peppers, and pepperoni....mmmm.....
>>
>>--maire, craving pizza
>After Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:
>>  Marzipan pizza...  Deep dish.  mushroom, pepperoni, anchovies and green
>>  pepper...
>
>Anchovies??? Yes, yes, yessss!!!
>
>Anchovies on pizza, anchovies in Caesar salad dressing, anchovy
>stuffed olives, anchovy paste in tuna salad, ...
>
>It's soooo hard to find someone who appreciates anchovies. I'm always
>the only one...
>
>Anahita, anchovy eata

I was gifted, among other things from the UK, a nice wee tin (plastic
actually) of Gentlemans Relish, an anchovie paste.  WOW!  I love it!  I put
it out as one of the appetizers at a small dinner party.  Hans tried it
first.  Hated it.  I tried it next, loved it.  Alainne also loves it.  Two
other folks refused to try it.  Wish we sold it here in the US.
Olwen