[Sca-cooks] Re: FoodTV

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:24:12 PDT 2002

>Could be a good format, because people would turn in just to watch their
>favorite celeb chef on a show and [hopefully] get hooked on the real deal
>of
>period cookig.
>
>Opening show could be about all of the modern foods that are pretty much
>unchanged that we keep finding.
>margali

Ya know, we keep talking about this sort of thing, how wonderful it would be
if something like this were to be produced.

So why don't we do it?

(Well, yeah, we're spread out all over the country, we don't have the money,
yadda yadda yadda.)

Since when have we let reality keep us from creating cool things?  Look at
the Rock!

So here's a proposition, strictly as a thought experiment:

What would you want to see in a series on period cooking?  One show on
debunking myths, another on regional cooking variances, one on how to plan
menus and lay tables?

Would this be done with an eye towards the SCA feast planner, or to the home
cook?  Both?

Do we stick to extant documentable recipes, or do we allow conjectural work
(eg Anglo-Saxon cooking)?

Best of all, how many ways can we abuse Emeril Lagasse and Bobby Flay? :-)

Getting excited now,

Vicente

If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson