Pizzelle question WAS:Re: [Sca-cooks] Individual cheesecakes.

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 13:31:47 PDT 2002

Cool. I will have to try that. I do have a question, though. I have been trying to remember the name of something. I *thought* it was pizzelle, but know I don't. What I am looking to name:
A long handle with a fancy form on the end, that you dip into a batter, then deep fry. Some type of delicate dessert pastry thingy?
Help?
Isabella
 Michael Gunter wrote:>However, I think our Queen Elizabeth and King Bela's favorites
>are the 'cherry cheesecake' ones. Drain the fried 'shells', cool a few
>minutes and fill. Then top
>with a little squiggle of thick glaze and have fun.

I've done something similar for a Ph.D buffet I was asked to
do once. (I basically catered a party for a gentleman celebrating
recieving his Ph.D.) I wasn't constrained by just period stuff
but I'd also done a nice Elizabethan buffet for his Laurel Vigil
so I added some peri-oid touches.

What I did was make wafres with my pizzelle maker and then, while
they were still hot, mold them over the bottom of a drinking glass.
Then filled with cheesecake and top with berries.

They were a lot of fun and people were very impressed.

>Isabella

Gunthar