[Sca-cooks] wafer irons [moving oop]

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 25 13:52:41 PDT 2002

Me:

> >I have one like that, a gift from Mistress Huette.  I'm using it heavily
> >right
> >now on the low-carb diet, making soy flour waffers to serve as substrate
> >for
> >cheese, etc.  Not bad with enough flavoring, spices, etc.  Latest weird
> >experiments have been vanilla in the wafers, topped by Splenda-sweetened
> >ricotta
> >for "holy cannoli";  package of taco mix for those Doritos cravings.  Yes,
> >I'm
> >figuring in the small amounts of carbohydrates.  At least I'm getting that
> >soy
> >supplimentation that over-30 women are supposed to get these days.
> >
> >Selene C. aka the waffle whiffer
>
> Olwen:  Hey Selene, care to shoot me over some of your recipes?  Half of my
> office
> is on that low-carb diet thing and won't eat half the stuff I bring in.
> Olwen, not dieting, but should (maybe)

Very similar to the Basic Atkins Soy Pancake.
3 eggs
1/2 cup cream
1/2 soy flour
pinch salt
Optional flavorings:  2 packets Splenda + 1 capful extract, I've tried vanilla
2 Tbsp.  Sugar-free Nesquik [tasty, but so brown that it's hard to tell when
they're done]
1 envelope Taco Mix [the stuff you mix with ground beef for cheap tacos] [fills
the snacking urge if you're a Doritos fan]

Splat by spoonfuls onto pizelli iron, cook until done.  Keep the iron oiled
with PAM or other spray lube between waffers.  Pretty low in carbs, serves as a
fine substrate for those nice dips, tuna salad, cheesy goo or whatever.  It's
not completely carb-free so don't go too crazy, but definately helpful.

I need to make some more tonight.  Will try out some different condiments and
let the class know how it goes.  Poudre Fort?  Curry?  I have a surfeit of
saffron, let's try it in this.  Wretched excess, ain't it grand?

Selene C.