Pizzelle question WAS:Re: [Sca-cooks] Individual cheesecakes.

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 15:22:39 PDT 2002

Thank you.

I am sorry about the crying. May I ass-u-me (and my son always says "Mom, assume makes an ass out of u and me) that you recently lost your Grandfather? If that is the case I offer a shoulder to cry on. I am *extremely* close to my grand-daughters. Besides, it'll keep the tears out of the hot oil. ;-)
Isabella...actually, offering a shoulder, no matter what the reason
 "Pixel, Goddess and Queen"
wrote:On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Isabella di Giovanni wrote:

> Cool. I will have to try that. I do have a question, though. I have been trying to remember the name of something. I *thought* it was pizzelle, but know I don't. What I am looking to name:
> A long handle with a fancy form on the end, that you dip into a batter, then deep fry. Some type of delicate dessert pastry thingy?
> Help?
> Isabella

Rosettes. I have my grandfather's rosette irons, but I haven't gotten
around to making them yet, because you shouldn't work with hot fat while
crying your eyes out.

I've always had them served with a sprinkle of icing sugar.

Margaret