[Sca-cooks] Memories was Pizzelle question

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 17:09:21 PDT 2002

I guess that I am very lucky.  I have many of my
grandmother's kitchen tools, like her rosette
irons, her springerle rolling pin, her spritz
cookie press and several other items.  But most
of the stuff I got before she died.  When my
grandmother was in her mid-90's, she decided that
she couldn't use these items anymore, so she gave
them to me.  I treasure them and I use them.
Everytime I do, I remember her using them, the
sound of her voice as she showed me how to use
them and how much we loved each other.  When I
use them, I feel as if she is with me and I am
comforted by that thought.

Huette

--- johnna holloway
<johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
> Isn't this always the case? My basement is full
> of things now that I
> can't think yet about using because they were
> my mother's. I suppose one
> of these days I will get out the one pan and
> then open up the recipe box
> with all the handwritten recipes and make up
> the blonde brownies. But
> not yet.
> Johnnae    Johnna Holloway
>
> Isabella di Giovanni wrote:
> Thank you.>
> > I am sorry about the crying. May I ass-u-me
> (and my son always says "Mom, assume makes an
> ass out of u and me) that you recently lost
> your Grandfather? If that is the case I offer a
> shoulder to cry on. I am *extremely* close to
> my grand-daughters. Besides, it'll keep the
> tears out of the hot oil. ;-)
> > Isabella...actually, offering a shoulder, no
> matter what the reason
> >  "Pixel, Goddess and Queen"
>  Rosettes. I have my grandfather's rosette
> irons, but I haven't gotten
> > around to making them yet, because you
> shouldn't work with hot fat while
> > crying your eyes out.>
> > I've always had them served with a sprinkle
> of icing sugar.
> > > Margaret

=====
shall never cease to be amused.