[Sca-cooks] Cookware

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Sep 25 18:31:52 PDT 2002

>I am investigating buying some new cookware for me.  What is the good
>stuff? From Williams -Sonoma?  Calphalon?

Don't spend the money for buying from the overpriced WS...  Calphalon is a
bit overpriced too, I think.

I like to go to restaurant supply store and purchase brands such as
wearever.  They have a good line of teflon coated frying pans and pots.  If
you need teflon and/or nonstick.

Stainless steel pans lined with a double/tripple layer at the bottom that
would include copper is fine.

Cast iron is cool too.

I use aluminium pots and pans for some things, though they aren't good for
everything.

Go shop at the restaurant supply store  You'll be amazed at how much
cheaper it tends to be, for usualy more resilient products *designed* to
endure rough treatment at the hands of overworked, stressed out, hyper,
undertrained kitchen staff :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies