[Sca-cooks] Re: Period Produce (Was Food Myths)

Shannon Malone thegoatinthegarden at lycos.com
Wed Sep 25 20:51:56 PDT 2002

I am the person in California and I am new to the list.  In answer to someone's remark that they could not find quinces anywhere, I offered some that I happen to have access to this year.

I really am doing market research now for things to be planted, but as people ask for things I'm realizing how much I can get all the time that many of you only see canned, dried, for a very short season, or not at all.  I am excited for the opportunity to fill a need immediately and the mail order potential is a surprise to me.

As people tell me what they want there will be some items I can supply now from local sources as well as plan for growing those things myself in future seasons.