[Sca-cooks] Anchovy Exchange, was Cookie Exchange

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Sep 25 22:04:16 PDT 2002

Anahita, anchovy eata, commented:
> Anchovies??? Yes, yes, yessss!!!
>
> Anchovies on pizza, anchovies in Caesar salad dressing, anchovy
> stuffed olives, anchovy paste in tuna salad, ...
>
> It's soooo hard to find someone who appreciates anchovies. I'm always
> the only one...

I've never tried them in a salad dressing. But sprinkled on top of
a salad sounds good. Anchovy paste in tuna salad??? I guess it might
help if I liked tuna salad. :-) After reading the comments on this
list about olives I have been trying various ones. I've liked the ones
stuffed with garlic or anchovies.  Hmmm. Maybe it's time to go pull
a jar or deli container of them from the refrigerator.

We do have period recipes using anchovies. Unfortunately, the only

anchovies I've ever see or eaten, were the canned ones.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net