[Sca-cooks] Haggis King?

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Fri Sep 27 07:03:21 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christine Seelye-King" <kingstaste at mindspring.com>

> You know, it was announced last night that our Baronial 12th night
will be a
> Celtic Christmas theme.  So, niccolo, wanna make some haggis? (Or
anybody
> else in the greater South Downs metropolitan area?)
> Christianna

Well,
In full back swing to spit out some terribly witty smart arse reply, I
got the smacked with the interest to try it.  IT will be fun even just
tracking down the maw to stuff the thing.  I think I'll start canvassing
the meat markets for someone interested in special ordering me a half
dozen or so young pig stomachs.  I suspect that there is a cache of
tested recipes for said gut sausage/gut pudding in the Florithingy?  (I
miss Ras).

I cannot promise, but I sure do like the smack of presenting stuffed
innards at the dinner . . . do you think pork uteri would be an
acceptable substitute (I have source for 5 lb. packages frozen)?  A
separate uterus for each diner (or split for two diners) could be cute
as well.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco