[Sca-cooks] Haggis King?

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 27 08:36:04 PDT 2002

> I cannot promise, but I sure do like the smack of presenting stuffed
innards at the dinner . . . do you think pork uteri would be an acceptable
substitute (I have source for 5 lb. packages frozen)?  A separate uterus for
each diner (or split for two diners) could be cute as well.

> pacem et bonum,
> niccolo difrancesco

While in Edinburgh, we bought two ready-made Haggis (Haggii?) on the Royal
Mile.  One was meat, one was vegetarian.  Both were good.  Maybe I'll try a
veg one.  I seem to recall that early (maybe even period ?) ones were
actually sweet, that might be really interesting.  Hmmm, I think we may have
something here!
Christianna