[Sca-cooks] Re: Cooking Cats

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 27 17:21:22 PDT 2002

Read the book, used to be a believer.  Cut out meats almost completely,
cut way down on dairy, stopped drinking coke, drank weak iced tea and
fruit juice instead, ate lots of leafy greens.

Got kidney stones.

Red the latest research.  Started drinking coke again, stopped drinking
tea or juice, started eating more meat and dairy, cut way down on leafy
greens, try to drink a beer every now and then.

No more kidney stones.  Healthy diet?  Go figure.

- Doc

Many days I wonder why the hell I'm even bothering, I'm going to die of something anyway, and it is a "dog eat dog" world out there. This happens often around buffalo chicken wings or chicken fingers, with beer within reach. But knowing that after 7 yrs I probably no longer make the enzyme needed to digest it, keeps me from eating it and paying the price later. I do miss chicken a lot. I indulge in fish pretty often.

Aislinn

"Of the Good in you I can speak, but not of the Evil.  For what is Evil but Good -  tortured by its own hunger and thirst?  When Good is hungry, it seeks food , even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters." - Kahlil Gibran