[Sca-cooks] Feast Cook Qualities

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Sep 29 17:42:33 PDT 2002

Apollonia asked:

> So what qualities does one look for in a feast cook?  :)  I am the event
> steward for an event in Feb. and I need to find a feast cook, for a tavern
> style meal.  I can't really steward the event and cook the feast, so what
> should I look for in selecting a cook?  We're an incipient canton, and no
> one here has done anything kitchen wise except me...

If you give your location, someone on this List might be near enough to help
you, too.

Christanna gave you a list of things and qualities that you might want in a
Head Cook, and most of her suggestions are very good. I'd suggest, however,
beyond all else, you find someone who is known for taking a project and
following through. If they've got that quality, no matter what happens, the
job will get done.

Phlip