[Sca-cooks] Drakey asked- was Burger Khan

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Sun Sep 29 23:46:20 PDT 2002

> > Thanks for all your responses.  I hope nobody told Paul who asked
> > this...  It was kinda an embarrassing question.
>
> Of course I did. Understand, he and I are friends- we talk a couple
times
> day, and The Adventures of Drakey seem to be one of our topics ;-)

You WHAT!  Crikey!  How am I supposed to have any cred with this guy
now.  DOH!  I guess I'll have to ask him some hyper intelligent
questions to make up for it...

> He did say it was rather a silly question, but he didn't mind
answering ;-

It was supposed to be but it was my proto-apprentice's household
question not mine...

> Actually, you can. You sorry folk think lamb is cheap meat, and most
of
> the
> "Soup" recipes have lamb as the base. Pot over an open fire is
actually
> pretty easy, if you have sense enough to have the fire at the other
side
> of
> the fire pit or ring, and just scrape the coals over under the pot.

Agreed and I've been camping in period camp over an open fire for the
last 4 years but open fire cooking is still scary for these folks.

> Shall I show you the set up I used for the Potluck? Was pretty easy.

Nope,  I'm fine with open fire cooking.  I love it but for some, it's a
scary proposition.

Cheers,

Drakey.