[Sca-cooks] Drakey asked- was Burger Khan

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Sep 29 23:14:59 PDT 2002

> Thanks for all your responses.  I hope nobody told Paul who asked
> this...  It was kinda an embarrassing question.

Of course I did. Understand, he and I are friends- we talk a couple times a
day, and The Adventures of Drakey seem to be one of our topics ;-)

He did say it was rather a silly question, but he didn't mind answering ;-)

> My kinda-household (I'm not a member but I'm camping with them and my
> proto-apprentice (the naughty one not the least favourite one) is a
> member) are now very happy and are enthused to make period Mongol Food
> at Rowany Festival next year.  They all say "THANK YOU"!
>
> I'm now trying to convince them that we can feed 20 people period Mongol
> food, do it over an open fire, and make it tasty for all.

Actually, you can. You sorry folk think lamb is cheap meat, and most of the
"Soup" recipes have lamb as the base. Pot over an open fire is actually
pretty easy, if you have sense enough to have the fire at the other side of
the fire pit or ring, and just scrape the coals over under the pot.

Shall I show you the set up I used for the Potluck? Was pretty easy.

Phlip