[Sca-cooks] English Curiousities

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Sep 30 14:37:00 PDT 2002

> But what the heck are Twiglets, wine gums, Malteasers, and Hobnobs?
> They sound like candies to me...

Twiglets,

	No Idea.  Got me there...  Sounds vaguely familiar...

Wine gums,

	Gummy consistency (like a firm gummy bear) shaped (usually small
cubes
	or diamonds) fruit favoured candies with names like Gin, Brandy,
port
	stamped on the top.  I think they used to contain alcohol
flavours but
	they are long gone from the product these days.

Malteasers,
	A core of malt flavoured honeycomb with a shell of soft
chocolate.
      Great to eat at the movies...

Hobnobs
	Round wholemeal biscuits (like a digestive) usually with a thin
	chocolate top.  Yummy.

I'm sure Christina Nevin (being in Britain and on the list) will answer
this email also.

Cheers,

Drakey (ex-Pom)