[Sca-cooks] English Curiousities

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 30 19:38:36 PDT 2002

"Jones, Craig" wrote:

> > But what the heck are Twiglets, wine gums, Malteasers, and Hobnobs?
> > They sound like candies to me...
>
> Twiglets,
>
>         No Idea.  Got me there...  Sounds vaguely familiar...

Twiglets are a savory snack food, sold alongside crisps and/or crackers,
bits of cracker dough in baked in the shape of small sticks, covered with
sesame seeds.  Good with cheese.  Paul Mertens used to mention these in
every show he did for the original UK "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" for no
apparent reason but to have a running gag.

Selene Colfox