[Sca-cooks] Haggis King?

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 30 21:30:18 PDT 2002

Ok, I'm liking this whole haggis theme, I think I'm gonna sponsor a contest.
I believe I'll have a haggis contest, with the entries to be judged at our
12th Night celebration (gonna have to find out the date on that).  Gee, I
wonder if our Baron will eat haggis?  Maybe I can hit up someone from the
Burns Club to come be a judge.  I even have a prize already.
So, what do you think my judging guidelines should be?  Best Texture?  Best
use of haggis as an ingredient? (Heard about one with a Drambuie Cream sauce
tonight, that might be interesting.)  Dare we give a prize for largest
haggis?  Most creative stuffing?  Mmm, this could be interesting.  Isn't
there some reference to a period recipe that was sweet?  Yes Stephen, I'm
going to check out the Florilegium directly.
Any input is welcome!
Christianna