[Sca-cooks] Challenge of the Heart Feast

Hank steinfeld at tqci.net
Sun Apr 6 11:41:36 PDT 2003

Greetings to the list

Once again I am cooking feast for the Barony of Dun Carraig.  The event is the 12th and I extend to all an invitation to any who find or plan to be in the area.  The theme is middle eastern and is to celebrate a temporary truce between the crusaders and the local Islamic power.

The menu is as follows:
1st course: Bustaniyya (Orchard dish)
        Arruz-al-Zafran (Saffron Rice)
        fruits
        Honeyed dates
        Khoubiz  (flat bread) served with spiced butter
2nd course:  Beef and Venison pie
        Leeks and Walnuts
        Eggplant and Onion stew
        Charoset
3rd course: Salmon and fruit tart
        Mujadarra
        Injera (Ethiopian flat bread)
        Koogle

The eggplant and onion stew will remain for both the 2nd and 3rd course.  All the breads are being scratch made for the feast.  Please come and join us.

Yours in Service
Muirghen
--

---