[Sca-cooks] Re: Eat like a King

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Sun Apr 6 20:54:58 PDT 2003

The original post about this was on the Aethelmearc list, but I thought
people here would be interested.

         Angeline

I just got done watching.  It was very interesting.  Some of the things I
said,  "Documentation please!"

Turkeys were imported from Mexico in 1523.

Cornstarch was used to make (oops I can't remember how they phrased the
rest)perhaps for confections.

FYI, They used Alison Sim's book The Tudor Housewife

and also a food historian  Ivan Day  gave a lot of info and one other
person who's name I didn't catch.  BTW, the program will be on a lot more
this month.

AIR TIMES:
April 06, 2003 10:00 PM EST
April 07, 2003 1:00 AM EST
April 11, 2003 10:00 PM EST
April 12, 2003 1:00 AM EST
April 13, 2003 5:00 PM EST
April 19, 2003 4:00 PM EST

I probably will tape it one of the times in the early morning so I will
have a copy.

Anyone else have any comments about it?

         Angeline

At 12:25 PM 4/6/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>just saw a program note:
>
>Food tv is doing a program called "Eat Like A King"  Sunday April 6 at
>10:00pm EST......supposed to be about what Henry VIII ate.
>
>I'll be interested to see how off they are, so far all of the
>"historical" shows I've seen them do are a mixture of truth, myth and
>outright wrong information. Mostly the last two....
>
>Tygre

Angeline di Aquila, DoD            Dominion of Myrkfaelinn
mka:  Angie Malone                 mundanely located:  Ithaca, NY

Interests:  cookery, thrown weapons, and sewing.