[Sca-cooks] Reasonable substitution for musk question.

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Mon Apr 7 11:11:25 PDT 2003

Helewyse asked:
> I am trying to work up a biscotti recipe for A&S and
> the recipe calls for musk.  Does anyone know of a
> reasonable (and less cruel) substitution for musk or
> is the best bet just to leave it out of the recipe?

No, but you might be interested in the bisket bread documentation I
entered in Ealdormere's A&S pentathlon last year:

http://infotrope.net/sca/docs/bisket-bread.pdf

One of the recipes I looked at was the one from Dawson's "Good Huswife's
Jewell" containing musk... is that the one you're using?

Not wanting to blow my own horn too much, but I won pent with this
bisket bread entry, so it might be worth a read ;)

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/