[Sca-cooks] biscotti documentation/article

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 8 22:41:02 PDT 2003

> Helewyse commented:
> Thanks for the link, I was actually making biscotti
> from Italian sources (Scappi to be accurate). But this
> is a nice entry, I saw it when you first posted. I
> actually got a first place for the biscotti in the
> regional A&S competition (last weekend) and am
> currently tweaking my docs for kingdom (in about a
> month).
Please consider sending me your documentation for use in the
Florilegium. You could also turn it into an article later.
Afterall, after my disk crash I suddenly have none of the other stuff I
had been saving to work on. :-(

However, there is a chance I could get some of my lost data back. I
have found a few places that will try to recover the data for less than
the $1800 first quoted, IF the problem is in the circuit board and they
don't have to go into the sealed disk container. I'm planning to send
it off to the place that said Quantum drives were a long time
specialty. They are quoting between $350 and $750 with a free, except
for the shipping,  quote. I sure hope it works. I could buy one or more
equivalent drives and try swapping out the circuit boards myself,  but
I think I will let the experts try.

Moral to this story: If you haven't backed up your harddrive in a
while, do so. It's easy to not realize just how much stuff you've put
on there.

Stefan