[Sca-cooks] OT: Gold key Contest

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Apr 14 07:31:09 PDT 2003

ok, the contest is now official.
Fabric Dragon is sponsoring a Gold Key contest.

the one page printable rules have been uploaded to the "files" section of
these groups where possible, and i have reprinted them below my signature
file.

In brief, however, we are attempting to encourage donations of NEW garb to
Gold Key (that is, the loaner garb department)

while we always encourage donations of good condition USED garb, that does
not qualify for the contest (unless of course the Gold Key Officer cannot
tell it is used...)

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...

Fabric Dragon’s Gold Key Contest

Do you need an excuse to replenish your fabric supplies?  Did you buy a
fabric that you now find "just doesn’t suit you"?  Have a few yards left
over
from a project?  Would you like to practice your sewing skills?

Enter Fabric Dragon’s Gold Key garb contest, and help clothe the visitors to
our gracious lands in style.  Make a functional piece of garb from your
stash of fabric and donate it to Gold Key.   The person who submits a letter
from the Officer in charge of Gold Key (or Officers, you can donate to
multiple regions) certifying the largest donation of new garb will win a
$100.00 gift certificate to Fabric Dragon, and the appreciation of all the
visitors to these our fair lands! (Some of the runner-ups may also receive
prizes.)

The Rules:

The contest officially ends at the end of Pennsic (August 17th 2003).
 That is the last date for donations to be made, but it will take longer for
me to get the letters from the Officers, and add up the totals.  Fabric
Dragon must receive certifying letters by December 31st to be eligible for
the prize.  If sending multiple letters then the letters should be sent in
as ONE batch, not one at a time over months!

The garb must be new.
No, donations of old garb don’t count (although it is nice).   The garb must
be newly sewn.

The garb must be SCA compatible.
Donated garb must be from the right time period, or one of the old SCA
standbys, and in a color that is at least possible.  We are trying to
*encourage* the new people, not blind them or humiliate them.

The garb must be wearable; it may be in any size, but must be made to fit
real people.
Barbie has private couturiers and doesn’t need your garb.  Real people means
toddler to adult sizes. (Extra large garb is usually in high demand.)

You should check with your local and neighboring Gold Key Officers to see
what they may need, and what sizes would be appropriate.

Suggestions:

T Tunics
Drawstring skirts and pants
Chemises
Kirtles or Dresses
Sideless Surcoats, Surcoats and Tabards

The version of the rules posted on the Fabric Dragon webpage is considered
final.