[Sca-cooks] Gunthar at Estrella

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 21:04:40 PST 2003

Forwarded from the Aten List:
Marcus Christian wrote:
This is a "No sh*t , there I was" story that takes place at Estrella during
the broken field battle on Friday.

The actual story is about Count Sir Gunthar , but let me be allowed to first
set the scene a bit :::::

We arrive at the broken field awaiting orders and directions concerning the
upcoming battle scenarios.

His Majesty Jonathon gathers His army & populace within earshot and does
an impromptu court on the edge of the battlefield to honor Lord Jordan
Wolfram with the Blood of Fenris .

Herald duties of the court were masterfully carried out by Baron Sir Casca
..

Now, after court is over, we get ready to cross the battlefield to our
"appointed" spot on the other side. Count Sir Gunthar notices that he has
no shield , acckkk, someone has taken my shield !!!!! HE Sir Gunthar was
getting ready to trudge back to camp when His Majesty says ,

" Gunthar , Please use my shield, and I will fight with a spear" .

Sir Gunthar replies, " But , your Majesty, your shield bears the device of
the King , are you sure ?"

His Majesty explains that Sir Gunthar is "HIS" Champion by his prowess
on the tournament field, and that HRM would be honored to have Sir Gunthar
use the shield That bears "His" device.

OK, Battle lines are drawn, and the war begins. His Majesty Jonathon
decides to fight running along side with the very front line of the troops
, leading his army towards the enemy. Count Sir Gunthar faithfully at his
side to defend HRM to the death. The broken field has several potholes and
bushes along the way but we continued on.

All of a sudden, it gets quiet, just like they say it does in past
stories. I look to my right and see Sir Gunthar , I look to my left and see
NOBODY at all. I look behind me and see "our" army about 30 yards behind us
"re-grouping" and look to be discussing a new strategy. I look forward and
see the ENEMY about 20 yards away all pointing at us !!

Two lone "warriors" out in the middle of the battlefield and the closest
army to us is the enemy.

I yell over to Gunthar " They sure look interested in us, there is about
20~30 of them pointing and starting to move towards us".

Sir Gunthar Yells back after realizing the shield he is carrying and says,
"OH SH*T !! , they THINK I'm the KING !! "

All of a sudden everything makes sense. The enemy thinks the "KING" and
only one other soldier are all alone in the middle of the battlefield !

After they decide to come in for the kill , I yell again " Do you want to
try making it back to our side? "

Sir Gunthar , in all his glory , and just like they would do in a movie,
replies " I will NOT be taken down while in retreat, If I die , it will be
while Charging forward into the enemy".

Well, you may have guessed by now, we both died at the hand of our enemy,
and whoever did "take" Sir Gunthar's shield set up quite a scenario whether
they meant to or not.

It will be a memory for me that will stay with me for the rest of my born
days , and will bring a smile to my face every time I think about it.

Now, Who Really took Gunthar's shield ? And, was it simply coincidence, or
were we set-up by Masters unknown ???

Thanks,
Marcus Christian

Lady Anne du Bosc