[Sca-cooks] I need help in how to use antique mold

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 15:19:28 PDT 2003

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Should I bring food dye so we can
> have some colored flowers also?  Or would that
> be too hazardous to our costumes?
>
> I'm not sure I want to risk it.  I have
> invested in some
> food coloring markers but you need a really
> hard
> surface, like dry royal icing, for them to mark
> properly.

Okay.  I wasn't sure I wanted to risk it either.
So no food dye.

> > Does anyone have a good recipe for sugar
> paste?
>
> Wilton has a mix for everything.  I have a "gum
> paste"
> mix of theirs whose main ingredient is some
> kind of
> alginate, the same stuff we've been using for
> making
> custom latex molds for custom make-up
> appliances...
> eeeek!

Eeeek squared!  I was just hoping for a period
recipe ...

> I've been shopping at a store called
> CAKE CREATIONS in Canoga Park lately.
> They carry candy molds as well, mostly for
> chocolate-melt type things but a few for hot
> sugar syrup for hard candies and lollipops.
> There was one choccy mold for Pansies - need
> one?
> [Minds - out of gutters - NOW!]

Naw.  I've already got one.  I am not really
crazy about Pansies, but since this was available
and seemed interesting, I purchased it.  At least
pansies are period and the mold can be used for
future subleties etc.  Besides giving me an
opportunity to do something with you again. :-)

Huette

> Selene Sue
>

> > --- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
> > > Sounds like an old-fashioned candy mold to
> me.
> > > Bring it to Crown in a week and a half and
> > > let's play
> > > with it some.  I've got marzipan in the
> > > freezer.
> > >
> > > Aliter, If it's pansies you want, we
> learned
> > > how to pipe
> > > them out of buttercream in the Wilton's
> class.
> > > The pansy is a pretty flowers and one of
> its
> > > old-fashioned names is "Heart's Ease" which
> > > I find appealing.
> > >
> > > Love, Selene C.

> store I
> > > mold.