[Sca-cooks] For review: Liber Cure Cocorum and Recipe Spreadsheet

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 2 22:37:49 PST 2003

David Tallan commented:
> A couple of things to offer for public use and comment:
Welcome to SCA-Cooks!
Pardon me, but were you a poster on the Rialto in the early 90s or late 80s?

I think I may remember you from there. If not, my appologies for mixing you up
with someone else.

> 3) While I hope and believe that this is useful at its current level
> of completion, it is certainly by no means complete. I am attempting
> to learn from my previous experience and not wait until it is perfect
> before sharing it.

Yes, this is something I try to tell folks and often have trouble convincing
them of. Something can be posted to the web and folks can make use of it even
if it is not perfect. And their feedback might well be useful in catching
errors and simply cleaning things up. One of the advantages of web publishing
is that, unlike with paper publishing, an item can easily be corrected. One of
my standard policies with articles submitted to the Florilegium is that the
author can make updates (or removal requests) at any time.

> This is very much a work in progress and I welcome any and all
> corrections and suggestions. If anyone wants to add recipe
> collections out of my chosen scope and is willing to do the data
> entry, I'm certainly willing to add the rows to the spreadsheet to
> make an even more comprehensive tool. New versions will be posted as
> work continues. If there is interest, I'll post notices here when I
> update the spreadsheet on the Web.
>
> All that said, you can see the spreadsheet at:
> http://members.rogers.com/dtallan8500/cooking/ar20030401.xls
Thanks. If you are interested, I might also be interested in some of your work for the Florilegium. Perhaps that will give in a stable home with a fair amount of pass-by traffic.
For an example of other useful works in the Florilegium, take a look at this translation in the FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS section:

Guisados1-art    (220K)  5/28/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nolaís
                                        1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of 2
                                        by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
                                        Lenten recipes.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com