[Sca-cooks] That tile project....

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Apr 3 10:50:00 PST 2003

Johnna Holloway replied to me with:
> Oh yes, I've been invited today to do this display at the Knowne World A&S
> Collegium in Atenveldt in September. A three event tour!
>
> > What say that a book with each individual tile pictured on one page and on
> > the facing page a description of the tile, who did it, where from, what
> > medium, etc.?  The book could correspond with the layout of the tiles so
> > identification would be easier.
> Stefan
>
> (Okay now Olwen, and everyone else, what type of tiles are *you* thinking of
> doing. Only one *marzipan* tile, Olwen. :-) )

I am not certain how the tiles are going to be transported from event to event
or what's going to happen to ones that are food entries. The marzipan and sugarpaste
may well not last for more than one event.
<<<<

The idea of possibly mailing the tiles from one event to the another did not occur to me until yesterday so I've not had time to think through all the ramifications or decide whether if we do this, we should try to mail all tiles or just the ones originally sent in by mail. Thank you for the reminder on the perishable items. This may not work, but since we are beginning to get a "World Tour", it would be nice to be able to take advantage of it. I'm still looking at the details. Not all the three sites are likely to have on-site mail services.

You could do a digital photo, print that off 8x8 and then lay that out for those events
that come after the first display. Or did you expect that the food ones would be redone
for each showing.
<<<<

An interesting idea. It's not something I had considered. I would not want to use such photos as in-place substitutes for tiles, since they might take away from the magnitude of a bunch of real tiles especially if there were many of them. However, such photographs might make a nice side display and work into the Known World Tour idea. Perhaps that is one substitute for mailing the heavier tiles from one event to another.

I have a digital camera that could certainly be used for taking such pictures, and we might be taking some "one tile per photo" pictures anyway for web display. I just may have to delegate such picture taking or delegate enough other stuff so I have the time.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions Johnna.

Stefan
*** What tile are *you* doing for the Florilegium Tile Project? ***